Saturday, January 1, 2011

#030 Started badly and ended pleasantly

I started 2010 very badly. My father suffered chickun gunya and prostrate enlargement. My mother suffered chikungunya fever and dengue. The resultant financial and physical strain going around hospitals, hurt me badly.

I myself, had chikungunya fever. I persisted, adamently, this time, without consulting a doctor or visiting a hospital. I read an article by Dr. Patibandla Dakshina Murthy in Vaartha Telugu Daily about the important precautions to be taken while suffering from chikungunya. I sincerely thank Dr. Dakshina Murthy for his tangible and useful service.

I used only paracetamol , three times a day. I tried to protect myself from mosquitos. I could revive in ten days . Body pains continued for about two months.

I suddenly realised that my house was getting dilapidated owing to disrepair and lack of care, busy I was translating Bhagavad Gita and Bhartruhari's Subhashita Trisati.

Two ceiling fans got burnt owing to a leaking roof. I felt that this material world is more important than the ethereal or the spiritual or creative or literary spheres.

I dedicated myself to personally apply cement to ceiling and walls and undertake some patch work. I started painting Berger Weathercoat to walls and enamel to metal and wood objects like doors and windows. I used only white color for both, as choice or specific colors were not available in sealed cans. Choosing a single color saved time in shopping.

I have done four to five hours of physical labor everyday from June 2010 to Dec. 2010. Leaking roofs stopped. Fans were got rewound. Electrial fittings were rewired in all the rooms. I spent sometime in using brooms, daily . This improved my skills.

2010, thus ended happily.

No comments:

Widget By Devils Workshop