Tuesday, February 1, 2011

#031 MY COMMENT AT SUBSISTENCEEMPLOYMENT.COM

The following is a comment made by me SubsistenceEmployment.Com. I am repeating the Comment here. Reason: It was subject to moderation and approval of the site owners there. I am apprehensive that , it may be available there or not.

I have enough to subsist. What I am searching for: I wish to spread atheism and Marxism globally. To start with India, my own country. I do not want to beg and get donations. My need: $300 per month or $10 a day. I have tried blogger. I got $110 in four years without writing anything unethical. My English vocabulary and grammar blogs gave me these bucks. My blogs on other things failed to attract readers, as was predicted because pro-atheist and pro-Marxist stuff is the least attractive for readers.

Of the above 10 suggestions, I am keen on suggestions about:
Downsizing life : This I have already done. I have never purchased regular clothes during last eight years, except underwear. I live on bare veg. food. I do not smoke or drink. I live in my own house. I didn't consult a doctor during the last eight years. What else should I do , to downsize?

Your suggestion of Offering to do what we can
---------------------------------------------
Physical presence in U.S. or Europe or any other country outside India, is not possible. I have to offer something online. I have no interest in surveys. I have done my PG in English, History. I have done my graduation in Commerce and Law (L.L.B.). Having worked in a Bank for 31 years and retired without blemish, I developed a dislike for finance and insurance jobs. I have written about 100 articles in Editorial pages of newspapers in my mother tongue - both print and electronic editions.

Local people in my city make big money trading in chillies , cotton. liquors and real estate. I do not want to waste my life on these. Practising law, also I do not relish.

I have recently read the novel "Widow for One Year" by John Irving. All the principal characters in the novel are writers of fiction. The protagonist Ruth is a big-time author. Her father Ted was also a big success. Ruth's friend Hannah was a journalist. Ruth's mother Marion was also a novelist. Marion's lover Eddy was another novelist. Ruth's diseased husband was an author and an editor. So many people writing fiction! Is there so much demand for fiction in the English Reading World?

I get occasional Emails of news-letters from one publisher by name Dorrance Publishing. Is there real demand for electronic or printed novels, in this age of free ebooks?
How far is it worthwhile to try writing fiction?
Is there any publisher in the World who will pay $100 for a novel of 100 pages, from a fresher?

The most successful English writer from my country, Late R.K. Narayan, it appears , had some pleasant and unpleasant experiences with British and American publishers. But, that was a bygone era of 1951--2000.

What is in store for English fiction in the era 2001-2050?

I wish to study your esteemed views. Sorry for this lengthy comment, which may be tedious to read.

No comments:

Widget By Devils Workshop