Thursday, July 11, 2013

#043 Unaccomplishable Goals chase me day-in and day-out

I am aware that I am suffering from the hounding chases of un-accomplish-able goals.

The first goal is Marxism. This goal has become unaccomplishable because this 7 billion world has drifted far far away from understanding the benefits of Marxism. Everybody, like a fish caught in a net, unable to disentangle, just gyrates and reels. Every step of humans is dictated by the Capitalist daily demands. Besides, uncontrollable habits like alcohol make humans fools of themselves. Hence, they can never contemplate about the benefits of Marxism. It will take several centuries, if at all it happens, for them to become free citizens.

The second goal is atheism. This is partly attainable. But this goal is only a stepping stone to the main goal of preservation of human dignity through an equitable society. Even if the 7 billion people on this earth become atheists, if inequalities of ==income, wealth, access to earth‷s resources== are going to persist, it does not help humans.

Sometimes, I get a feeling that the purpose of my arrival onto this earth, has come to an end. I am not writing this out of depression or frustration. I am writing this out of the maturity and wisdom, howsoever scant they may be, arising out of aging. With receding faculties, a person gradually drifts into a sort of vegetative state, in spite of best efforts to stay connected, relevant and contributing to the society.

I recall the instance of a 95 year old man in Pune, who ended his life (self-euthanasia) after several futile attempts foiled by his children, simply because he felt that the purpose of his arrival onto this earth was nearly accomplished. There was also a feeling that if people hang around longer, like tired out-of-form cricketers unable to decide on retirement, such geriatric vegetative hangers on may have more miseries to face, such as losing one's own near and dear in accidents, catching some teasing-diseases which do not lead to death, but excruciate and torment the body and mind.

If the above views are pessimistic, I regret that I am expressing them, but I shall not withdraw or amend. In spite of these drastic views, I do not support suicides. Nor do I contemplate a suicide.

No comments:

Widget By Devils Workshop